When different browsers provide different results, it may be due to a number of reasons:
- First of all, some browsers are more suitable for measuring broadband speed. Firefox generally seems to work best. It is available for all operating systems and is completely free.
- Some browsers are affected more by firewalls, antivirus and spyware protection. Try to temporarily disable these to see if they might be the cause.
- Plugins and support applications can slow down your browser. Try to disable them temporarily. However, make sure to keep the Flash active, otherwise Bredbandskollen will not work.
- Reset your browser.
- Upgrade your browser to the latest version.
- Upgrade your flash player to the latest version. Some browsers contain a proprietary version of Flash.
- Finally, there could be some reason your computer does not work well with a certain browser. The browser may require a little extra capacity that you do not have which results in lower speeds.
Here you will find up to date Web browsers:
- Chrome can be found here: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/
- Firefox can be found here: http://www.mozilla.org/